Brad & Sarah sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g, first comes love, then comes marriage...

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bridal Shower

A group of my mom's sweet friends hosted a lovely shower for me on August 26th.  The shower was at Monica Shults' home, which was decorated beautifully as usual!  Nan Clem created the most precious invitations displaying cowboy boots underneath a wedding dress. 

 Hostesses L-R:  Melinda French, Penny Smothers, Monica Shults, Nan Clem, Karen Henley, Joyce Whitfield, Sherry Fisher, Jann Hubbard (not pictured)


Wonderful snacks and refreshing lemonade were offered to guests!  The hostesses gift to the bride and groom were a selection kitchen knifes.  Brad was especially excited about this as choosing them was his main contribution when registering for gifts!

  L-R: Barbara Ballard (my aunt), Sarah, Janice Carhart (my mom)
 
In fitting with the rustic theme, I donned a pair of cropped cowboy boots myself!  It's so much fun to get new outfits for special occasions like this,  I'm not sure if I'll wear this shiny dress again, but it was perfect for this shower! 
  • Boots:  Ross Dress for Less several years ago
  • Dress:  Ross Dress for Less $7.99
  • Earrings: TJ Maxx $10
This was such a beautiful shower!  Thanks to Kristin Shults for writing a list for me for thank you notes!  I wish I had more pictures of this shower, but my camera was being difficult!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment