Brad & Sarah sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g, first comes love, then comes marriage...

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Showered With Love

The wedding season started strong in July with our first shower!  My uncle Jimmy, aunt Beverly and cousins Jenny and Bethany hosted a wonderful shower for us out on their farm.
 
L-R: Brad, me, Jenny, Beverly (holding Caroline) & Bethany

I love that whenever my family throws a shower it always includes the men of the family and is centered around a meal!  I could feel the love that went into preparing the meal for this shower!  I'm sure the entire spread was apetizing, but as usual I honed in on the meat and bread!  Jimmy grilled delicious chicken and Beverly made homemade biscuits! 

 My Perfect Meal: chicken, biscuit, BBQ sauce & pink lemonade
 
Yummy Dessert

 
Jenny did such a wonderful job on the decorations!  She's one of the few people I know that actually turns her pins into reality!  The tissue paper flowers were a big hit with the little girls!

Me & Jenny
 
If only we had 30 harvest tables for the wedding reception!
 
Adorable Kids Table 
 
Beverly covered the top in paper so the kids can color directly on the table.  Such a smart idea!  There were also some Cinderella coloring pages available.  My second cousin Cody made Brad and I the cutest "happy birthday" sign at the shower :)
 
 
We received so many great things to start our home together.  Traditionally in our family our grandmother gives a vintage quilt to the engaged couple.  I love this tradition and look forward to keeping this quilt in our family for years to come!!
Our New Quilt
 
One of the things that attracted me to Brad was the importance he places on family!  I am so excited Brad is now a part of my family.  Here is a picture of most of my cousins (missed you Tim & Sarah B.) and our growing families!

 
This was the perfect way to start off our wedding season.  We are so blessed to have such a loving family!  
 
 
What has been your favorite wedding gift to give or receive? 
  
Do you have any wedding family traditions?



No comments:

Post a Comment